This site provides an overview of some key processes including:
- Accessing free satellite image and elevation data
- Satellite image classification, including OBIA methods.
- Basic terrain analysis
- Coordinate transformations
- Integrated satellite image and hydrological modeling applications
- Service access and emergency response modelling using satellite and terrain data.
The development of this site is an ongoing project. As extra training material is developed for teaching and project applications they will be included here.
However this site is not meant to be a comprehensive source of training for SAGA. there are other sites and other resources to help with learning SAGA this sites does cover may basic applications particularly illustrating the power of using Satellite imagery and elevation data in combination.
The best way to use this site is to try some of the basic satellite data visualisation and terrain analysis functions and then work on one of the applications. Download the data to follow the tutorials as you go.
Additional SAGA GIS tutorial material can be found at:
You can also share you SAGA projects on Face Book here: